Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Versailles

Today was crazy....and not in a very good way.  This morning as we were leaving our flat to head to Versailles...I accidentally left my phone charging on the nightstand, as we packed everything up and...yes closed the door for the last time.  AAAAUUUURRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

We tried to figure out a way to get back in...but to no avail.
As we drove away....(late now), my stomach was in my throat and my head was pounding with anxiety.  ALL MY PICTURES!!!  I was dying.  
When we got to Versailles, we went in through a long line of security with all the other millions of tourists, and after we got in, they said that the only way to get wifi was to go back out to the parking lot.  So Rob and Cheryl went on, and I headed back out.  I thought if I could send a message to the flat owner that maybe I could go back to Paris and get in with the people that were going to clean up the flat.  Nothing was working!...no answers from the owner....
Oh my goodness....it goes on and on the stupidness of the situation....

I cried.  (not just a little).  I was at the place that I was looking forward to the most, and seriously having the worst time because of my own mistake.  I finally just had to get over it and move on.  I went in through security and the long line again....and the DPR was there waiting for me.  
I Love you, DPR.

It was too late to even go into the palace.  We went to where they rent the little golf carts and took off to go around the grounds.  It would have to do, for my visit to Versailles.




The gardens are spectacular....

the little Hamlet was charming and peaceful....I needed that!

 










A wall of Wisteria!
 



What started as one of the worst days for me ended up not being as bad as I thought it would be.  It was not what I was expecting for this day, but I guess it will be an excuse for me to go back to France in the future.

Oh...and the DPR ordered this for me at dinner to make me feel better...
(he knows me so well)


No comments: