Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Mark it with an E!"

Today is Sweety-boy's 1st Birthday! I can't believe it has been a whole year!
We had a party at my house to celebrate. I made 2 different kinds of cake...one for Daniel that is an "unhealthy" cake and one for me that was a "healthy" cake. ( Ephraim had healthy cake, too.)
Daniel's cake was a recipe that I usually use for wedding cakes that is really good. It is orange-almond with buttercream. My "healthy" cake is a chocolate cake made with whole-wheat and is sugar-free...YAHOO! I frosted it with cream cheese and whipped cream sweetened with a little agave...so not completely vegan. but better than the alternative. we were in heaven. If you want to try the recipe you can find it here. (I tweaked it with a little orange peel and extract)
We started a tradition with our kids to make them their own little cakes, and just let them "dive in" so we had to keep the tradition going.
One year of bliss for the Garcia family!












He was a little Timid at first but all of a sudden realized..."This is for me!! By the time he was done it was everywhere!







That's what I'm talkin' about baby...OH YAH!










I love you sweety-boy.


No comments: