Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Today I woke with thoughts of my kids. Rob has been gone this past week, working in Oregon, so I was alone....on mother's day...thinking.
I thought of breakfast in bed, macaroni necklaces, and homemade cards made with coloring crayons and glitter. I thought of kids jumping on the bed to wake me up with the Sunday newspaper, orange juice, and pancakes with a smiley face on it. I thought about each of the pinch pots and coil pots and even a few clay dinosaurs that have been made especially for me. I haven't been alone this morning...the memories are still as sweet as if it were happening today!

As my mother would say...
"I wouldn't trade any of it for all the tea in China"!

It has been a privilege.

1 comment:

Dobby said...

I still have one of those clay dinosaurs! LOL I just can't throw it away. I remember your kids at this age and they have all grown into amazing people! Good job Denise and Rob.