Monday, April 12, 2010

On 8th and Beech....

A couple of days ago....I woke up and found myself in Florida.


I like when that happens....


The sunshine and breeze has been blowing through the curtains in my bedroom window reminding me to breath deep and be happy.



Liz and I have been planning a pow-wow of sorts to paint and play in the sand and generally escape from life as I know it. Thank heaven for escapes that come occasionally.



...Then...today I visited this place:



I know what you are thinking...I thought the same thing..."a gas station?...you went to a gas station?" YES! that is exactly where I went. To the naked eye this looks like an ordinary gas station....but underneath ( just like Clark Kent's shirt) is the most amazing restaurant. It's called , "T-Ray's burger station" and it's on the corner of 8th and Beech in Amelia Island, Florida. Only people who live there know about it....cause there is no sign out front at all....but believe me this place was packed! It only goes to show you that you can put a place up in ANY location and if the food is good...then they will come!


This is Ray and T-Ray and Junior in the background...they kindly let me take their picture....("as long as I didn't put it on-line"...) They also have chairs out front for outdoor diners....and t-shirts for sale that say, "EAT HERE AND GET GAS." Ha....good one....


"My 1st plate of Grits...EVER!"

Hmmm...welcome to Amelia!


p.s. I may or may not ever return....

3 comments:

Kit said...

Yay! Grits are my most favorite thing! You should paint a picture of your room.

CC said...

...if you stay there forever, may I come join you broads?

Roybn said...

Florida, you lucky duckus! I love Florida. Where is Amelia Island and what are you doing there? Eating grits, no less...