Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goodbye 2009

I woke up this morning and just laid in my bed thinking about...everything. I was having one of those..."I want to sleep-in but my brain won't let me", mornings. My life movie was playing in my head....worries, thoughts, laughs, changes.
Who is the guy that said..."the only thing you can count on is change..." (or something to that effect...) well...that guy was right! So many changes have happened this year...and so many more to come are at our doorstep.
This year, we have seen weddings, anniversaries, births, birthdays, and boot-camps...not to mention camping of all kinds, move-ins and move-outs, vacations, games in the backyard, family dinners and get-togethers, pictures, memories, and prayers....Our lives are really made up of so many wonderful things. We have had many challenges, too....but the good, far out-weigh the bad. So what is to become of us? Another year will pass...and I suspect it will be full of good things, and hard things, and some things will be simple and some will be complicated....but we will learn again, that the secret to a happy life is to enjoy the ride.

OH WHAT A RIDE IT HAS BEEN!
I can't wait for more.

2 comments:

JulieBelle said...

your family picture is GORGEOUS!!

i love you denise!
i can't wait to come visit you in your new adventure :)

anne said...

hey girlfriend ! was so fun to see you at the christmas time - ward - whatever it was ! I know what you are talkin bout - I still hate the empty nest - it is rather obnoxious. Lots of new options tho are good - so enjoy what ya can ! GOod luck in sunny cali - so glad you still have the dread pirate - that keeps me goin some days - other days its obnoxious too.