Sunday, May 10, 2015

Good to be seen



I woke up this beautiful Sunday morning to the dread pirates usual Mother's day gift...Flowers and Breakfast in bed.  It's an awesome thing he does...I wonder who started the tradition...Adam maybe?

 "No, no, Eve...you lie right there while I go put together a special breakfast for your special day, I mean after all you are the first mother...you should have a special day! No....I won't make much mess... How about some fruit...apples?  and maybe some toast?"

 "But Adam!  We will be late for church by the time you get it done!  And anyway, I always get crumbs in the bed and that's grose..."

But today, instead of thinking those "No No...don't go to any trouble for me" thoughts, I just dozed and waited for the pirate to bring me a plate of his efforts to please.  Actually, as I lay there....I realized that last year on this day, I was celebrating being alive....still struggling to just breathe.  I had just gotten out of the hospital, having had multiple blood clots hit my lungs.  I lay there just breathing and thinking....remembering, made me extremely thankful to just breathe.  So this beautiful Mother's day, I am counting every blessing that has come my way this year.  I am so thankful for family, friends, testimony, and Savior.  When people say non nonchalantly, "Good to see you!"  I have to admit, I always think..."It's good to be seen!"  For reals.

So happy Mother's day to all...So glad you are a part of my life.

No comments: