Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Que' pasa? No, REALLY....Que' pasa!

Last week, the DPR and I started a new class...."Beginning Spanish". (for dummies).  I added that last part, because it is how I feel in the class.  Our teacher, told us very first thing that she would be speaking in Spanish the whole time and that we would just listen and pretty soon we would pick it up.  Somewhere along the way she dropped in a few details, like her name, but I don't know what it is because she was speaking in Spanish.  Every once in a while she would throw in words like, "Taco" or "hola"  just to make me feel better.  When she asked the DPR what his name is....he answered in a fancy voice, "Roberto"!  He rolled his" r" so it was like, "RRRRRoberto".  I turned really "rrrrrrr-red."
So last night was our second class (for dummies).   Again, more Spanish speaking...when she said "uno"...I thought maybe we would play cards....) I came home blurry eyed and confused.    I went to bed and had deep dreams.  Dreams where everyone was speaking Spanish!  All night! Spanish speaking everywhere!  I would tell you what I dreamt about, but....I don't know...I couldn't understand any of it. But this morning I woke up with a strange hankering for huevos rrrrrrancheros....with a little churrrrrro on the side.  Go figure....

5 comments:

Roybn said...

Oh, Denise, you really should work as a stand up comedian. But you couldn't work alone, you would have to bring Rob onstage. He wouldn't even need to talk. He would just periodically roll his eyes, shrug his shoulders, and now and then do the "kookoo" sign and point to you.
You brighten my day!

Blake said...

Welcome to my world of being hearing impaired. The other day I was listening to a conversation and I thought this man was going to kill his wife. I was getting so concerned you know wondering if I don't say anything and it ends up in the paper will they go all Law and Order on me? Turns out he loves his wife. But I'm keeping my eye out on him.

April said...

Welcome to my world of ASL...Paula comes to our house 3 times a month and teaches us ASL...She is amazing and so we are watching, signing and watching and trying to remember and learning and trying and watching and watching...it is coming... ISaac picks it up in one setting, Kellis in two, I'm about two and a half, and Marianne just smiles at us and turn to sign to PAula...Scott is the harest worker...he is currently working on an APP for the I-phone...Good luck honey. Keep the Spanish up...it is important...loves!

Kit said...

I think you mean RRRRRojo (red in spanish :)
I had a dream like that where I spoke french. I woke up like, "Whoa, I speak french!!!"

mattie said...

mom did you know that taco is spanish for plug