Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"wild thing...you make everything...groovy"



...so me and Kindle are driving around today having this conversation about aging. She reminded me that when I was her age, She was eight.
She went on to let me know how she thought I was sooo old then, but she doesn't feel like she is old now...
hmmm.
So here's the thing....you know this whole "young adult having fun" thing really only last a short while in the whole scheme of things. I mean really, you have about a 10 year stint of leading the "cool, carefree,my way or the highway" kind of life.

Right?
....well...
Here's the real thing about it....(listen closely)

YOU NEVER STOP FEELING LIKE YOU ARE TWENTY-TWO!

I'm telling you....It doesn't matter how many wrinkles the mirror is showing...as a woman my age, I still think of myself being, you know, 20-ish...and all my friends do too. I know just about everything is sagging either to my waist or to my ankles (depending on the item) it doesn't matter...in my mind I am still young and can do anything...except sometimes I can't breathe for a long time after doing that "anything"...like walking out to the car for instance.


So the next time you see someone in "mid-life" with lots of wrinkles
(I'm living to be 100)

give them a break...they are just immature young "thangs" that have just been having a good time... (in their minds)





No comments: